in a time of turmoil and the ever-growing shadow of the roman empire. romans with their vast greatness and power were not the only people of honor, culture, ingenuity and bravery. many got tired of roman cruelty, as the years went by and the romans became more interested in subjugating everything in their path, rather maintaining their sovereignty and co-existing with other nations.
once rome had respect for greatness in others, but that was no more. greed and madness preceded the name of rome, some nations were left with no choice than to raise arms and challenge their oppressors. others preferred to fight and die than let their heritage be lost to tyrannical madmen. in times of struggle, many nobles seized the opportunity and established strongholds throughout the lands. no one can fight them all, and some just might survive long enough to alter the balance of power in the world.
leaders have risen from all nations – will they kill each other or live to challenge rome. only time will tell.
- customize your city – construct and place your buildings wherever you like; will you design your city with an eye for the elegant, or with maximum efficiency in mind? what you build, however, you must be prepared to defend; can you do it?
- watch and learn – players can read reports from battles and watch the whole battle to learn from their mistakes, improve their Strategy or enjoy their glorious victories!
- manage your assets – you must manage resources and manpower, balance maintenance and military expenditures against the value of researching new technology, and more!
- perform rituals – a player can perform a ritual and boost their population growth or resource production for a period of time. rituals can also improve an army’s speed or damage!
- conquer the world – unless you’re a farmer, you may explore the map and launch sieges on other players’ cities! you can even capture cities held by enemy players and expand your empire.
- lay of the land – every part of the map can be colonized, and different regions will vary in the resources and stats they provide. will you spread your empire far and wide, or consolidate?
- battle formations – the way you place and arrange your units is important; assault formation is perfect for attacking enemy strongholds, whereas sweep formation is more effective at fighting troops out in the open.