Review: The Lord Of The Rings Online
In The Lord Of The Rings Online™, join the world’s greatest fellowship of players in the award-winning online re-creation of J. R. R. Tolkien’s legendary Middle-earth. From the crumbling, shadowed ruins of Weathertop to the ageless, golden wood of Lothlórien, immerse yourself in Middle-earth as you have never seen it before. Visit the peaceful, verdant fields of the Shire, brave the dark depths of the Mines of Moria, and raise a pint at the Prancing Pony in Bree!
Man | The Race of Destiny, as Tolkien called them, more varied than the other races, from the Dunédain of the North, the Horse-lords of Rohan, the soldiers of Gondor, the Haradrim in the far East.
Elf | The oldest race in Middle-earth, tall, graceful, and in the midst of leaving Middle-earth at the end of the Third Age, but not before lending their incredible skills to the defeat of Sauron.
Dwarf | Excellent warriors and master craftsmen, but also very secretive, living in their deep underground homes, but now have come out into the open to stand with Middle-earth against the Shadow.
Hobbit | Halflings of modest and simple bearing, very content with the quiet life, and yet who were destined to have the greatest impact of all the races in the fight to save Middle-earth.
Beorning | The Beornings have a famous affinity with animals, which they foster and keep in their homes more as friends than as pets or livestock. Beorn, the former chief of the Beornings, was known to speak with animals and understand their own speech - many of his descendants have fostered this talent. This uncommon ability is supplanted by a greater gift; Beorn could change into the shape of a bear. This skill has been passed down through the generations, such that most if not all of the Beornings can muster the change
High Elf | High Elves, who have beheld the beauty of Valinor, possess grace and strength beyond even their woodland kin. Those few who remain to yearn to see that Middle-earth is safe to bequeath to Men before they depart for the Undying Lands.
The Lord Of The Rings Online Gameplay
The Lord Of The Rings Online Key Features
- Explore the Massive World of Middle-earth: Immerse yourself in the award-winning recreation of the beloved fantasy world of J.R.R. Tolkien through renowned locations including the Shire, the Mines of Moria, and Lothlórien.
- Create & Advance Your Hero: Advance to level 105 with thousands of character customization possibilities. 4 races, 9 classes, 10 professions, 7 vocations, plus over 1,000 titles, skills, and traits
- Solo & Co-op Skirmishes: Dive into instant adventure alongside friends or customizable AI soldiers in exciting, scalable battles!
- Legendary Items: Design and customize your own legendary weapons of immense power like Bilbo’s Sting or Gandalf’s Glamdring!
- Play as a Monster: Fight as a servant of Sauron against other players in intense PvMP Combat!
- Craft Your Own Gear: Farm crops in the fertile fields of the Shire or let your hammer ring in the Dwarven halls Ered Luin.
- Free Online Play: No monthly fees required.
The Lord Of The Rings Online Media
Minimum System Requirements
OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8
Processor: Pentium 4 1.8 GHz or AMD Equivalent
Memory Ram: 512MB
Hard Disk Space: At least 7GB of free Space
Video Card: 64 MB GeForce 3 or ATI Radeon 8500