Review: Age of Wushu
Age of Wushu is a new martial arts-themed MMORPG directly from China's Snail Games Entertainment. Also known as Age of Wulin and published by Gala-Net in Europe, the game covers 2,000 years of ancient Chinese Wuxia tradition, and boasts six unique character story arcs, allowing players to become real heroes in their own stories.
Set in the Ming Dynasty (Jianghu) during the Chinese Feudal Empire. Players train in the martial art schools located in historical settings.
Age of Wushu allow players to play without the restriant of classes and levels, for a traditional Wuxia experience. Become a master of magic and specialized martial arts.
Age of Wushu Gameplay
Ok, on to the game. In the upper right, just under your minimap, you’ll see the quest guide. Notice that there’s a green name there. That’s clickable, and when you click it you will start walking to that person automatically. Get comfortable with autopathing; you will use it constantly in this game, and it’s by far the simplest way to navigate the tangled mess that is their quest system. Click the name now to start your story quest.
The game’s tutorials are sometimes helpful and sometimes baffling. Generally they start with a popup like this one: a mouse and an icon. Click the icon to continue the tutorial. This first tutorial is totally useless: it tries to teach you just how amazing it is to give them money. It is amazing, but you won’t realize that for a day or two at least. Eventually, in any tutorial, a button that says ‘Skip Guide’ will appear. Skip this one.
Age of Wushu Key Features
- Six Unique Storylines | You make your own story, where you are the main character.
- Eight Martial Arts Schools | Master one school of martial arts, or steal the secrets from all of them.
- No Leveling, No Classes | Gaining experience is accomplished in one way: fighting!
- Random NPC Encounters | NPCs have varying attitudes toward you and will react accordingly.
- Counter Combat System | Combat is closely modeled after actual Wushu, and players who fight with actual gaming skills will be the victors.
- Aerial Combat! | Just like the 'wire fu' from classic Oriental martial arts movies!
- 17 Professions | Plenty of non-combat activities to help build your character's skills.
- 5,000 Equipment Types | More than enough gear to customize your character to your liking.
- Offline Gameplay Mode | An offline gameplay mode allows your characters to grow and fight even while you're afk!
Age of Wushu Media
Minimum System Requirements
OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz
Memory Ram: 2GB
Hard Disk Space: At least 2GB of free Space
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 or better