Review: Anarchy Online
Anarchy Online is a 3D SCI-FI MMORPG originally released in 2001 as a subscription-based game, but it’s now available for free. Anarchy Online has four playable races (Solitus, Opifex, Nanomage, and Atrox) and fourteen different classes to chose from (Adventurer, Agent, Bureaucrat, Doctor, Enforcer, Engineer, Fixer, Keeper, Martial Artist, Meta-Physicist, Nano Technician, Shade, Soldier).
Anarchy Online was the first SCI-FI MMORPG and introduced instances to the genre. AO has a strong backstory but remains sandbox by allowing players to choose how they play their characters, and for what reasons. Both solo and team play are well supported, as well as PvE, PvP, and roleplaying. A substantial game master group exists, called the Advisors of Rubi-Ka (ARK), who offer in-game help to players, write and create (roleplaying) game events, and greet and assist new players.
AO has released 5 expansion since initial launch: Notum Wars (2002), Shadowlands (2003), Alien Invasion (2004), Lost Eden (2006), and Legacy of the Xan (2009). The graphics engine is currently undergoing an overhaul, changing from an older Dreamworld engine version to the newer version used in Age of Conan.
Read more at https://www.mmorpg.com/anarchy-online#flxrF3imYSdyrtwb.99
Anarchy Online Gameplay
Anarchy Online Key Features
- Superb Character Customization | with 80 character skills, hundreds of special attacks, and thousands of items, including weapons, armor, and cosmetic and functional clothing.
- Choose Your Play Style | from a selection of 4 breeds (Atrox, Nanomage, Opifex, Solitus) and 14 professions (Adventurer, Agent, Bureaucrat, Doctor, Enforcer, Engineer, Fixer, Keeper, Martial artist, Meta-physicist, Nano-technician, Shade, Soldier, Trader).
- Customizable Missions | Choose the difficulty level of missions you accept, along with the factors of Good/Bad, Money/XP, Order/Chaos, Open/Hidden, Physical/Mystical, and Head On/Stealth.
- PvE & PvP | Test your skills against thousands of creatures in the world, and challenge other players in open-world PvP zones.
- Futuristic Travel | Explore Rubi-Ka via futuristic flying vehicles, teleportive whom-pahs, or The Grid.
Anarchy Online Media
Minimum System Requirements
OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8
Processor: Pentium 3 1GHz
Memory Ram: 512MB
Hard Disk Space: At least 2GB of free Space
Video Card: GeForce MX or higher