Ryzom is a "science-fantasy" MMORPG from Winch Gate set on the planet Atys in the year 2531. Originally developed by Nevrax, Ryzom offers players a living world with rich ecosystems, big multiplayer battles, skill-based advancement, role-playing events, PvP, and more. An expansion called the Ryzom Ring was also released, that allows players to use the game's design tools to create their own role-playing events and scenarios.
Ryzom is one of only a few commercial-grade MMORPGs that are fully open source: client, server, tools, and media. Being open-source means that Ryzom draws on a vibrant community providing fixes and functionality above and beyond that of what the team can provide. It offers players a unique opportunity to become involved in the development of the game.
There are no classes in Ryzom, so you’re free to choose whatever path you like, and advance the skills that are important to you. The game has a ton of different activities, including interactive events with NPCs that offer plenty of possibilities for role-playing interactions. Monsters invade cities, and players can challenge each other in PvP, but only if all players consent to it — no anarchic gankbox here!
- No quest requires you to use a certain skill (melee dmg, magic dmg, root, etc.) to kill a mob. If you want you can use magic to kill mobs needed for a fighter quest and the other way around.
- You can use the "/tar
- Some quest log counters don't update but that doesn't mean the quests are broken. For example for the "Team work" quest you will have to kill 10 Javings. The counter will stay at 10 untill you kill 10 Javings and only then the quest entry will change.
Ryzom Key Features
- Diverse World to Explore | Adventure in the unique world of Atys with five diverse ecosystems to discover.
- Flexible Character Development | Choose from Ryzom's four playable races of Matis, Tryker, Zorai, and Fyros, and advance your character through the game's flexible, skill-based RPG system.
- PvP Modes | Engage in a variety of PvP modes, including duels, guild vs. guild, faction vs. faction, and Full PvP.
- Create Your Own Scenarios | Utilize Ryzom Ring's design tools to build your own role-playing events and scenarios.
Minimum System Requirements
OS: Windows Vista
Processor: 1 GHz single core
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: OpenGL 1.2 or DirectX 9.0 with 32 MB VRAM
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 10 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible