Review: Star Conflict
Star Conflict is an action-packed, massively multiplayer space simulation game that puts players in the role of elite pilots engaging in a widespread interplanetary skirmish.
Players will get the chance to pilot a variety of spaceships, from small fighters which focus on hit and run tactics, to large frigates which forgo speed in favor of large amounts of weaponry and high hit points. Each of these ships come complete with their own weapon load-outs, handling stats and unique ability modules, all of which can be swapped out.
After every match players will accrue credits and experience. Experience will allow a player to unlock new higher tiered spacecraft along with an incredibly detailed multi-tier tech tree that gives players access to new researched weapon technology and improved system stats which persist from ship to ship. Players can opt to take on missions which give players secondary objectives to complete during matches for extra experience and credits. The game currently favors PVP modes but does offer a PVE co-op mission for players seeking a less intimidating experience.
Star Conflict Gameplay
Premium ships bring their pilots more credits and experience. Moreover, they do not require maintenance and have a maximum level of experience when you purchase them! However, these advantages are offset by these ships being somewhat inferior to the standard the ships of the same technological level with maximum experience.
Star Conflict Key Features
- A Fleet at Your Fingertips Take command of varied battleships, from nimble scouting ships to heavy frigates loaded with guns and rockets. In due time, you can command your own fleet.
- Survival in outer space You can undock from the station and travel around space colonies invaded by an ancient alien race. You can complete quests, collect valuable items, craft modules and ships, meet other players to fight or team up to resist pirates and evil aliens from deep space.
- Choose Your Path Each ship can be used for strategic missions—investigate the area, hunt enemies from the shadows, or gain support from allies. Impressive arsenal of weapons and gadgets, as well as the opportunity to craft items and ships, will help you with it.
- If You’re Not With Us, You’re Against Us! Form an alliance with friends to create a deadly squadron of elite pilots. Fight with other players, perform PVE missions. Create a corporation and take part in the battles for control of the territories. Enter your name in the annals of Universe history.
- Gain Experience and Skill Develop your abilities, establish specialized skills, and perfect your tactics. You could rush into battle full-force, operate stealthily from a distance, or sneak around your enemies and strike a crushing blow from behind — the strategy is up to you!
Star Conflict Media
Minimum System Requirements
OS: XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
Memory Ram: 1 GB
Hard Disk Space: 1.5 GB of free disk space
Video Card: Pixel Shader 3.0 compliant, 512 MB (Nvidia GeForce 260 GT or better)