Review: March to Rome
March to Rome is a free to play browser RTS (real-time Strategy game) which allows players to immerse themselves in the conflicts and upheaval of the Migration Period and reshape history!
Story Line: In a time of turmoil and the ever-growing shadow of the Roman Empire. Romans with their vast greatness and power were not the only people of honor, culture, ingenuity, and bravery. Many got tired of Roman cruelty, as the years went by and the Romans became more interested in subjugating everything in their path, rather maintaining their sovereignty and co-existing with other nations.
March to Rome Gameplay
For those of you who have many other things to do than play a lot, you can plan a development strategy and manage things enough to keep the train rolling. The secret stash provides enough of a buffer zone to make sure you have ample supplies left even if you are quite passive. Being plundered occasionally isn't going to be a problem if your construction and research is going normally.
If you really like the fighter role, you can go aggressive and show every weakling who is boss. Keep in mind however that maintaining a large army has its costs and can syphon a lot of funds you can otherwise use for development.
March to Rome Key Features
- Customize Your City – Construct and place your buildings wherever you like; will you design your city with an eye for the elegant, or with maximum efficiency in mind? What you build, however, you must be prepared to defend; can you do it?
- Watch And Learn – Players can read reports from battles and watch the whole battle to learn from their mistakes, improve their strategy or enjoy their glorious victories!
- Manage Your Assets – You must manage resources and manpower, balance maintenance and military expenditures against the value of researching new technology, and more!
- Perform Rituals – A player can perform a ritual and boost its population growth or resource production for a period of time. Rituals can also improve an army’s speed or damage!
- Conquer The World – Unless you’re a farmer, you may explore the map and launch sieges on other players’ cities! You can even capture cities held by enemy players and expand your empire.
- Lay Of The Land – Every part of the map can be colonized, and different regions will vary in the resources and stats they provide. Will you spread your empire far and wide, or consolidate?
- Battle Formations – The way you place and arrange your units is important; assault formation is perfect for attacking enemy strongholds, whereas sweep formation is more effective at fighting troops out in the open.
March to Rome Media
March to Rome Minimum System Requirements
March to Rome is an online browser game If you have old hardware or software, you may still be able to play March to Rome, but your game experience may suffer. For the best gameplay experience, we recommend the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome.