Review: Allods Online
Allods Online is a Free To Play MMORPG set on the Fantasy world of Sarnaut, which was once a peaceful and thriving planet until the Great Cataclysm struck. Now, Sarnaut is a shattered world, with pieces called ‘allods’ (islands) floating about in the Astral. War after war has been fought for territory and resources since then, depleting a vast majority of the planet’s formerly abundant population. Now, the remaining races have polarized into two factions, The League, and The Empire, and continue to fight for possession of valuable land and open Astral space.
Delve into the depths of epic mysteries across space and time, exploring the relationship between two factions at war within a unique setting. Develop your character to maximize their abilities, craft your own equipment, and enchant yourself via a rune based system to excel in both duels and Astral space-ship battles.
World history: A thousand years ago, the Great Cataclysm split the world of Sarnaut into innumerable islands – called allods – which spread throughout the Astral. Their inhabitants learned to live in this new world by traveling the Astral in special ships. Shortly after, a war erupted between old-time enemies – the League and the Empire – both vying for power over the new world, resulting in bloody battles on allods and large-scale fights in the Astral that never cease. The cataclysm allowed adventurers and cutthroats to thrive on the chaos of war and profit from undiscovered treasures of the Astral, yet nobody knows that the real catastrophe is still yet to come...
Allods Online Gameplay
Allods Online Key Features
- Unique World | The world of Allods Online is literally broken into pieces and floating through space, giving the game distinctive geography for players to adventure through.
- Factions and Races | The League, comprised of the Elf, Gibberling, and Kantian races; The Empire, comprised of the Arisen, Orcs, and Xadaganians.
- Classes and Archetypes | Nine classes are available, including the Scout, Healer, Paladin, Mage, Warden, Psionicist, Warrior, Summoner, and Bard, with over thirty unique archetypes available depending on race.
- Character Customization | A variety of options exist to make your character look the way you want it to, from hair color and style, face and facial features, skin tone, and even overall figure.
- Goblinball! | Jump into the arena with a team for some non-combat action against the other faction.
Allods Online Media
Minimum System Requirements
OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8
Processor: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or better
Memory Ram: 512MB
Hard Disk Space: At least 3GB of free Space
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9600 VGA Card